Thursday, October 28, 2010

I'm ridiculous

I'll admit it freely: I'm crazy, impulsive, ridiculous and don't always think things all the way through. This is part of the reason Bradley and I get along so well, I come up with the crazy ideas and he either convinces me it's a bad plan (moving to Egypt) or does the work to make sure it happens (riding the Seattle to Portland last summer). However, this has been bad for our wedding plans, where Bradley has learned that I take "No" even worse than ususal. The most insane, thus far, as been our Save-the-Dates (sadly, I don't have a photo of a completed one...how did that happen?):



Unfortunately for Bradley's sake, our invitations are looking like they are going to be even more ridiculous.

I decided a long time ago to make our invitations like a passport. Initially I was going to have a page for each port where the cruise will stop in an attempt to stop people from thinking that they're going to just be sitting on a boat for 7 days. My initial attempt looked terrible and cheap, though, so I scrapped it and am going for a more authentic approach. This is proving difficult, though, since we're inviting people to two separate events. *sigh* This is what I worry about these days. :)

What Bradley doesn't know yet is that the passport-invitations are not the end of the craziness, however! We will also have envelope liners, for which I bought a kit earlier this week. Finally, today was an example of just how ridiculous I can be.

I love www.weddingbee.com. It's quite literally a blog for brides to talk to other brides and I love it. Imagine a ballroom filled with brides who were only discussing their weddings and now you get the idea of the blog. It's brilliant and I love it. On it today I saw that Ms. Giraffe (the bloggers all have cute names to protect their real identities) was trying to teach herself calligraphy for her invitation envelopes. Raise your hand if you immediately logged on to Amazon and bought the same book, then paid for expedited shipping so you know for sure that you will receive it before you return home, where your fiance will see it. *Jill raises her hand.*

I can't help myself! It would be so handy to be able to be able to write so fancy throughout my life! *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment