Thursday, July 22, 2010

Tied up with red tape

My wedding has been a long time coming. Not only did it seem to take me forever to convince Bradley to propose, since we got engaged 4 months ago, very little progress has been made at very little fault of any one person. However, I am starting to become very frustrated with this lack of progress!!!

Bradley and I decided that we wanted to get married on a Caribbean cruise in August, 2011 by the captain while at sea. I did my research and found that only two cruise lines, Princess and Celebrity, are legally able to perform ceremonies at sea. So I picked the Princess in March 2010, before their summer 2011 schedule was out. When I called the booking agents, they told me that the schedule would probably come out in May. Starting May 1, I began checking the Princess website at least once a day. On June 5th, they put out their Caribbean schedule for the entirety of 2011. The one month they aren't going to the Caribbean? August. After a wee bit of panicking, Bradley and I decided to go with a different cruise line. I researched again. Carnival was our final answer.

Because we will (hopefully) have people attending from all over the world (and because my step-mother is a travel agent), I decided that we would book the cruise through a travel agent. I would book and handle the wedding portion of the cruise and the travel agency would handle the cruise and airline portion. I have attempted to book my wedding three times now and, each time I try, I am told I need one more thing in order to book it. First, I was told that I needed payment in full. As I was unsure of the status of our Wedding Fund, I held off. When that was confirmed, I called again, ready to pay. I was told I needed a booking number. I contacted the travel agency and they got be a booking number. Just now I called with money and my booking number and I was told I needed my cabin number. WTF?!?! People, can you not just tell me everything I need the first time around?!?! So now I have to wait until tomorrow to book my wedding because the travel agency is not in my time zone and it's closed for the day.

I just want to book my wedding, people!!!!! Can we please clear all of the red tape so I can?!?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment